Sunday, January 29, 2012

Love Story Contest

Photobucket


Mystic Memories – Photography & Designing is happy to announce it's 1st annual Love Story Contest!

I primarily focus my photography on newborns, kids, and family portraiture but occasionally I take on a Wedding, Bridal session, or my favorite - Engagement session. The reason I LOVE engagement sessions is because I get to ask the couple about their “LOVE STORY”. I am a sucker for a good love story. I like to hear people talk about how they got to where they are and why they are so in love. So in the spirit of Valentine's Day coming up I thought it would be fun to hear some REAL love stories.

Beginning January 30th you will be able to submit your love story. I will be taking entries until midnight on February 5th. On February 6th voting will start. I will post all of the stories – which will remain anonymous. Voting will go on for a week and will close at midnight on February 13th. Winner will be announced on Valentine's Day.

Sounds fun, right!?!

OK, now lets talk about the prize...

Winner will receive a free Creative Couple's Session or just a regular Couple's Session. The Creative Sessions involve a theme and usually fun props but if that's not your thing I am happy to do a regular session.

Here are all the Rules:

* Only one entry per couple.

* Need to be 18 or older (both don't have to be 18 years of age, but at least one of the two).

* You do not need to be a professional writer, have fun with it and spice it up!

* Please keep your Love Story to a modest length. Don't write a whole book, people are less likely to get through it if you ramble on about it. Keep it short and keep the readers attention.

* This contest is opened to everyone who wants to share their love story. You can be dating, engaged, newly weds, or married for 20 years. As long as you have a love story to share, we wanna hear it!

* Please keep your Love Story clean, if I blush and feel like I would be embarrassed to share it, I won't post it. I have my values and I am not going to allow someone or something to be entered that I would be ashamed of.

* All entries must include a photo. Photo does not have to be professional, any photo you want to enter will work – Please do not enter a professional photo that you do not have rights to. I respect the rights of other photographers, if it's copyrighted please do not enter it I will not accept it. (ex. If you have to scan it because all you have is a print, it's copyrighted for sure). Unless a photographer gave you a piece of paper saying they give you the copyright, I am guessing you don't have rights.) A snap shot will work just fine. - I do not know if I am going to post photos in an album yet but I do want to post the pic of the winning couple so I want to have a pic on hand of each couple.

How voting works:

* For every "like" that your story receives it gets a vote. 20 "likes" = 20 votes.

* Your job will be to send people to my page to read the love stories and to vote for their favorite! They will need to “like” Mystic Memories – Photography & Designing's facebook page in order to vote.

* Story with the most votes at the end of the contest wins. (That winner has 48 hours to contact me or they default to the runner-up). 

How to enter:

* First off you need to be a fan of Mystic Memories - Photography & Designing on Facebook. So if you haven't "liked" the page yet, please go to do this so you can participate.
* E-mail your Love story and photo to mysticphotography@live.com with the Subject line Love Story
         Please include in your e-mail:
                       * Couple's first names
                       * Ages                   
Remember Stories will be posted anonymously. The only thing that will be posted on facebook is first names if I post pictures.
OK now that you know all the Details and how to enter go ahead and write your Love Story.

No comments: