Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Steven & Roxane's Engagement Portraits

I LOVE engagement sessions and I have been honored to have had the opportunity to capture a few engagement sessions lately. My favorite part of getting to photograph an engaged couple is hearing their story....how they met, what they like about each other, when they knew that their partner was the "one", and of course their proposal story. I LOVE hearing proposal stories. And this couple has a wonderful story. I have to share it (this is the reason there are pictures in front of the Nuart - our city's theater)...

Steven is involved in the Community Theater and on the night of one of his performances he pulled Roxane up on stage during intermission and serenaded her with some guitar playing and a song written himself (can we say SWEET). After which he got down on one knee and proposed. 

When I asked Steven how he proposed he sent me a link to a video of the proposal (hope they don't mind that I share it, I just think it's such a cute proposal and very original) Click HERE to watch video.

When I started photographing these two I kept thinking NO WAY are they old enough to be getting married (when in all actuality I was their age when I got married). I grew up with older siblings to each of them. I have just always pictured them as being little kids. But after we got into the session I saw it, these two are very much in LOVE and ready to be married. I couldn't be happier for them. I really enjoyed our session. and I am happy they asked me to capture this important step in their new journey together.

 Steven & Roxane, I am so happy you asked me to capture this memorable step in your new life together. I wish you the best in your new journey, here is your preview...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: